Quick Start Guide: Installing Conduit on a VM from any cloud provider or on-premise Linux server
This guide assumes experience configuring cloud instances or on-pre servers and firewall rules.
For deployment file package, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For support, contact our Conduit support via email at email@example.com to schedule time for one of our architects to assist in the deployment.
You have a VM/Linux server with the following minimum requirements:
- 4 cores (6+ recommended)
- 16GB of RAM (24GB+ recommended)
- Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS
- Authorize inbound traffic for ports 80, 443 and 10002. You can limit access to the IP's that will access Conduit.
- Upload the conduit-2.1.1.tar.gz file and shell script to a folder on the VM
- With the script files loaded onto the VM, ensure that the deployment script (conduit-transformless-install-onprem 2.1.1.sh file) is an executable (if not:
$ chmod +x <filename>)
- Run the deployment script as root ./ conduit-transformless-install-onprem 2.1.1.sh ($
- When prompted, enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for the VM instance. Example: ec2-74-728-49-824.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com or mydomain.conduit.com
- When prompted, enter a name, email and password for the initial Conduit administrator account
- When prompted, enter the amount of memory to allocate to Spark Executor (in gigabytes), number of cores for Spark Executor, and the amount of memory Conduit server can use (in gigabytes)
- Once the script completes, open a web browser and navigate to the FQDN entered in Step 4. The FQDN entered in the browser should begin with https://
(note that in some cases automatic SSL certificate creation can fail, especially for EC2 instances with the generated cloud FQDN, in this case the deployment script falls back to http://. A new SSL certificate can later be configured, contact support in this case)
- Login with the administrator credentials you entered in Step 3
A valid license key, issued by Blueprint, is required in order to utilize Conduit.
- In Conduit, go to the Settings (click the Admin Username at top right of screen and you will find Settings)
- Copy the generated License Token from the License Settings tab
- Email the license token to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive your license key/public key pair that you will have to paste in.
Ready to Build!
Now you are ready to start creating connectors! Check out the Connectors page for guidance on how to begin.
You can also begin to configure your authentication methods and user groups. Managing Users and Security will help get you there.